Why depend on insufficient browser`s bookmarking facility? They tend to offer you limited options when it comes to handling a large amount of bookmarks. What happens when you decide to use a new browser? If it`s compatible you have to import your bookmarks every time you change a browser.
What about when you use more than one browser for different purposes. Some of your bookmarks in one browser the others in a different one - an organized mess! How do you remember which bookmark is in which browsers bookmarks? As you use the application you will discover the clear solutions provided by SurfGem to all these questions and many others.
Information is a very valuable asset to own. A great deal of information in these days can be obtained from the Internet. The saying of `If you can`t find what you are looking for on the Internet don`t bother looking elsewhere` has a great deal of truth in it. Use a reliable URLs bookmark manager like SurfGem to keep the source of your information under your fingertips.
NOTICE: UNIVISION, Inc. ("UNIVISION/GEMX") is willing to license the SurfGem Software and its associated online documentation ("Software") to you only upon the condition that you agree to and accept all of the terms and conditions contained in this Software User Agreement ("Agreement"). Please read the terms carefully before clicking on the "Yes" button to download the Software. BY CLICKING THE ACCEPTANCE BUTTON OR INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE, YOU CONSENT TO BE BOUND BY AND BECOME A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, CLICK THE BUTTON THAT INDICATES YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND DO NOT INSTALL THE SOFTWARE.
1. LICENSE. UNIVISION hereby grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the BookmarkHit Software downloaded from The UNIVISION/GEMX World Wide Web site or from other authorized locations on the World Wide Web in the manner described in this Agreement. The license permits you to:
a. Use the software on a single terminal or a single workstation of a computer (or its replacement);
b. Load the software into your computer`s temporary memory (RAM);
c. Install the software onto a permanent storage device (a hard drive) as detailed in the documentation;
d. make a single copy of the Software for back-up purposes, provided the copy contains all of the original Software`s proprietary notices and that it is only used for back-up purposes; and
e. create printouts of output from the Software for your personal use only.
2. Restrictions. The license granted hereunder does not permit you to:
a. permit other individuals to use the Software except pursuant to the terms and conditions of this Agreement;
b. modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or create derivative works based on the Software;
c. copy the Software other than as specified above; rent, lease, grant a security interest in, or otherwise attempt to transfer rights to the Software; or
d. remove or alter any proprietary notices or labels on the Software when creating permitted copies of the Software, or permitted printouts of the Software output.
3. No Unauthorised Reproduction. The Software is licensed and not sold to you, the end user ("User") , pursuant to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. You agree and acknowledge that UNIVISION and its licensors transfer no ownership interest in the Software, in the intellectual property in the Software or in the Site, to you or anyone else under this Agreement or otherwise, and that UNIVISION and its licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted to you hereunder. Any reproduction or redistribution of the Software in violation of this Agreement is expressly prohibited by law, and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. UNIVISION actively and aggressively enforces its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, COPYING OR REPRODUCTION OF THE SOFTWARE TO ANY OTHER SERVER OR LOCATION FOR FURTHER REPRODUCTION OR REDISTRIBUTION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.
4. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY AND LIABILITY. USER EXPRESSLY AGREES THAT USE OF THE SOFTWARE IS AT THE USER`S SOLE RISK. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, RESULTS, OR OTHERWISE. NEITHER UNIVISION NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SOFTWARE SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE OR OUT OF ANY BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION BASED UPON CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS CONDUCT, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE.
NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF UNIVISION`S LIABILITY TO THE USER SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT USER PAID FOR THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE, IF ANY.
5. Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless UNIVISION, and its parent and affiliates and all of their employees, agents, directors, officers, proprietors, partners, representatives, shareholders, servants, attorneys, predecessors, successors, and assigns, from and against any and all claims, proceedings, damages, injuries, liabilities, losses, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys` fees and litigation expenses), relating to or arising from your use of the Software, the Site, any site of yours that you may link to our Site as set forth in section 12 or any breach by you of this Agreement.
6. Proprietary Rights. The Software and all material contained in the Site is protected by law, including but not limited to United States copyright, trade secret, and trademark law, as well as other state, national, and international laws and regulations. The Software is © 2001 UNIVISION, and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. UNIVISION also owns a copyright in the Site as a collective work and/or compilation, and in the selection, coordination, arrangement, and enhancement of such content. Unauthorized use of the Software or any material contained on the Site may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, trade secret laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
7. Third Party Materials. You acknowledge and agree that BookmarkHit may feature materials provided by users and other third parties, UNIVISION makes no representation with respect to, nor does it guarantee or endorse the quality, noninfringement, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, reliability, or correct sequencing of, such third party materials or any other materials which such third party materials may access. UNIVISION expressly disclaims responsibility and liability for all third-party provided materials contained on or accessed through BookmarkHit.
8. Term and Termination. This Agreement will take effect at the time you click "I Agree" and begin using the Software. UNIVISION reserves the right at any time to deny you access to the Software or any portion thereof, and to terminate this Agreement. This Agreement and the license granted hereunder will terminate automatically if you fail to comply with the limitations described herein. Upon termination, you must destroy all copies of the Software and any related documentation.
9. Export Restrictions. This Site is controlled and operated by UNIVISION from its European offices. UNIVISION makes no representation that the Software or other materials accessed through BookmarkHit are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access BookmarkHit from other locations do so on their own volition and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not export or re-export any Software received under this Agreement except in full compliance with all International laws and regulations. In particular, none of such Software may be exported or re-exported into (or to a national or resident of) any country to which the country embargoes goods.
In addition, you are responsible for complying with any local laws in your jurisdiction which may impact your right to import, export or use the Software.
10. Restricted Rights. If the End User is an agency, department, or other entity of the United States Government ("Government"), End User`s use, duplication, reproduction, release, modification, disclosure or transfer of the Software is restricted in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation ("FAR") 12.212 for civilian agencies and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement ("DFARS") 227.7202 for military agencies. The Software is commercial. Use of the Software by any Government agency, department, or other entity of the Government, is further restricted in accordance with the terms of this License, or any modification hereto. Licensor is UNIVISION.
11. Linking. The Software which provides links to other sites on the World Wide Web for your convenience in locating related information and services. These sites are maintained by third parties over which UNIVISION exercises no control, and accordingly UNIVISION expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, the accuracy of the information, and/or quality of products or services provided by or advertised on these third-party Web sites. UNIVISION has not reviewed all sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the contents of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the Site, or which may be accessed using the Software. You are hereby granted a limited-purpose non-exclusive revocable license to display the unaltered UNIVISION logo on your Web site exactly as it appears in the "Link To Us" section of the Site, in order to establish a hypertext link from your Web site to the Site, but for no other purpose.
UNIVISION reserves the right to revoke this license if you violate the terms of this Agreement, if your Site is inappropriate or inconsistent with UNIVISION`s image in the sole determination of UNIVISION, or if you fail to comply with appropriate quality control measures which UNIVISION may promulgate and communicate with you from time to time. UNIVISION assumes no responsibility or liability arising in any way from your establishment of such a link to the Site using UNIVISION`s logo.
12. Prohibited Uses. The Software is not fault-tolerant and is not designed, manufactured or intended for use or resale as on-line control equipment in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance, such as in the operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control, direct life support machines, or weapons systems, in which the failure of the Software could lead directly to death, personal injury, or severe physical or environmental damage. Accordingly, UNIVISION and its licensors prohibit use of the Software in connection with such activities, and specifically disclaim any express or implied warranty of fitness for such activities.
13. Miscellaneous. The provisions of Sections 4 -12 and Section 15 of this Agreement will survive the termination of this Agreement. Failure to insist on strict performance of any term of this Agreement will not operate as a waiver of any subsequent default or failure of performance. No waiver of any term of this Agreement will be valid unless in writing and acknowledged in writing or electronically by both parties. UNIVISION reserves the right to and may update or change the Software, or the markings, logos, information, or content relating thereto at any time. If any portion of this Agreement is adjudged invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remaining portions will remain valid, enforceable, and carried into effect.
14. Complete Agreement. This Agreement which is hereby incorporated as if set forth fully herein, represents the complete agreement between the parties concerning its subject matter. UNIVISION may modify this Agreement at any time by publication on the Site. Your continued use of the Software following notice of any such modification will be conclusively deemed acceptance of the revised terms of this Agreement. If any such revision is unacceptable to you, you will terminate use of the Software immediately.
15. Governing Law; Arbitration. This Agreement has been made in and will be construed and enforced in accordance with law in Europe excluding its conflict of law provisions, as applied to agreements entered into and completely performed. Should a dispute arise from this Agreement which cannot be resolved by the parties in good faith negotiations, both parties agree to submit such dispute to arbitration in Europe, before a single arbitrator using the Commercial Rules of European Arbitration. The non-prevailing party shall bear all costs associated with such arbitration. To the extent that it may otherwise be applicable, the parties hereby expressly agree to exclude from the operation of this Agreement the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, concluded at Vienna, on April 11th 1980, as amended and as may be amended further from time to time.
...Bookmark Manager is an easy...use and powerful bookmark manager software, and...a favorites manager software.Using Bookmark Manager,...manage your favorite Internet bookmarks and manage...your favorites. Bookmark Manager can quickly add...bookmarks and favorites, search...bookmarks and favorites, import...
...exchange your favorite bookmarks with friends? If...need a browser-independent bookmark manager. LinkyCat is...convenient and multi-functional bookmark manager. A bookmark...access. Access to bookmarks is instantaneous thanks...search system. A bookmark is not just...the URL of a resource...LinkyCat automatically checks bookmarks for availability and...
...links in my Internet Explorer favorites. However,...immediately faced the bookmarks synchronization problem. Now...use hundreds of bookmarks and need to...contains a reliable bookmark manager that is...a stand-alone browser-independent bookmark solution. I tried...Labs. This feature-rich bookmark manager has all...
...Favorites (previously XBEL Bookmark Manager), is a...bookmark manager for Windows that...bookmarks. It takes bookmarks from Internet Explorer,...between computers. Each bookmark can be personalized...also view your bookmarks by tag list...
...Convert or merge bookmarks between all big...browser brands, in any...direction. Netscape, Internet Explorer, Opera, Mozilla...on size of bookmark collection. * All...bookmark info is converted...* Order of bookmarks is preserved (or...* Synchronize (merge) bookmarks automatically on system...